The Lighting Design Group, (LDG) www.ldg.com, an internationally recognized broadcast and entertainment lighting design firm in New York City, seeks an experienced Crewing Coordinator. This position is responsible for maintaining accurate, updated designer and crew schedules for the company.
LDG is a leader in its industry and values its direct relationships among its designers, production team and freelance crew. We leverage this to provide the best broadcast lighting design and installation services for top broadcast networks worldwide. The Crewing Coordinator is an important member of our in-house production team.
Director of Production Operations
- Coordinates all LDG staffing assignments. Ensures company calendar is accurate, assists Directors of Production in anticipating scheduling conflicts.
- Interface with designers and project managers to ensure project designer and crewing needs are met.
- Performs crew bookings at the request of the Project Managers and follows up with crews to ensure their compliance with and understanding of LDG’s standards.
- Schedule crew and freelance designers by understanding designer preferences for various positions.
- Ensure all freelance hires receive and submit appropriate paperwork.
- Coordinate intake and verification of timesheets and submit to accounting biweekly.
- Reconcile gaffer reports before submitting to project managers for approval.
- Completes nightly/weekend documents including assignments and the active job list.
- Strong work ethic; excellent communication and interpersonal skills; outstanding team player.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to “go the extra mile” and proactively offer suggestions to benefit and improve workflow.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Managing LDG’s operational systems for crewing and job calendar/tracking in a timely and efficient manner.
- College degree or equivalent.
This is a hybrid position, including working at LDG’s NY office as directed by the Director of Production Operations.
Salary is commensurate with experience, in the $48,000- $52,000 range, and is overtime eligible, with prior approval of manager. LDG offers an excellent benefits package after probationary period.
To apply, send resume/cover letter with salary requirements to attn of Lisa Aldisert at email@example.com. Please include “Crewing Coordinator” in subject line.